LOVE cheese & want to learn more about how it’s made, where it comes from and how to best use it?
Join Specialty Cheese expert, Peter Gross, from Black Pearl Epicure (Brisbane’s providore of specialty foods) to delve into the wonderful world of artisan cheese. You’ll also learn about our Local Showcase for the evening: Woombye Cheese.
In this two hour seminar, you’ll discover:
* How cheese is made, covering vegetarian rennet, raw milk and lots more
* Lactose levels in various cheese
* Live demonstration of how to make a small batch of cheese (to taste at the end of the evening!)
* A look at feta and how it’s make
* What is the difference between a Brie and a Camembert
* How Camembert and cheddar are made
* Triple Cream Brie with Truffle (YUM!)
* The foundations on how to pair cheese with wine, beer or cider
* Cheese history and trivia, from how the Australian cheese industry started with the First Fleet in 1788
* The growth of the Australian dairy and cheese industry
* A look at our local cheese industry today.
You’ll also sample premium quality Woombye cheese, hand-selected for perfection at its peak taste. And because we know you’ll be hungry, you’ll enjoy a bowl of vegetarian curry at the start of the evening.
Join us for a cosy night of wine & cheese in the cosy Hinterland of Maleny and learn the local story behind this culinary pleasure!